PICTURE PERFECT PICTURE WINDOWS
Loewen Picture windows are designed to give you maximum views with a minimum of wood framework. Picture windows, of course, do not open. But you can create the ideal combination of view and ventilation by pairing them with operable Loewen windows.
- Available in numerous shapes and styles
- Clean architectural look
- 35 mm jamb options (SDL available with 35 mm option)
Loewen offers Picture windows with 1 3/8″ (35mm) thick jambs (“jamb” refers to the vertical frame segment) and a 1 3/8” (35 mm) thick sill (horizontal bottom segment). This 1 3/8” (35 mm) offers increased strength and the ability to contain Simulated Divided Lite bars to match those on adjoining or adjacent windows and doors.
Also, 1 3/8” (35 mm) Picture units offer a matching jamb for situations where operating windows — Awning for example — are ganged together with Pictures. Jamb sight lines are aligned and an integrated overall appearance is achieved.
PICTURE CROSS SECTION
- Natural, clear Douglas Fir interior (no visible finger joints)
- 4 9/16″ (116 mm) jamb construction
- Low E2 insulated glazing with 1/2″ (13 mm) airspace
- Roto gear operator and concealed sash locks
- Extruded aluminum cladding in a variety of standard colors, primed wood, or clear fir exterior
For information on sizes, drawings and options:View our TECHNICAL GUIDE