HISTORIC STYLING MEETS MODERN PERFORMANCE
From time-honored architectural details to authentic, luxury-grade hardware, the new Loewen Double Hung window has been designed to complement the depth and character of the traditional North American home.
We’ve combined superior strength and durability with leading manufacturing techniques and innovative efficiency options to deliver a window that not only matches the look of your residence, but also delivers the progressive performance it deserves.
- Hidden jamb liner with no exposed vinyl, tilt latches and sash stops
- Flush narrow checkrail and square frame edges
- Authentic, luxury grade hardware in a variety of finishes
- Historic tall bottom rail (3 1/2”) that replicates historical architecture
- Archetypal casing profiles including Adams, Williamsburg, Flat and Brickmould options
- Classic sill nosings and sub sills
- Innovative balance system allows windows to operate smoothly
- Single-handed lock/tilt mechanism allows for inward tilting of the sash for easy cleaning.
- Integrated structural sill block and metal nailing flange allows for enhanced moisture management and maximum protection against water infiltration.
- Thermally broken aluminum sill for maximum energy efficiency
DOUBLE HUNG CROSS SECTIONS
- Natural, clear Douglas Fir interior (no visible finger joints)
- 4 9/16″ (116 mm) jamb construction
- Low E insulated glazing with 1/2″ (13 mm) airspace
- Extruded aluminum cladding in a variety of Standard and Architectural Palette colors, primed wood, or clear fir exterior
- Interior and exterior also available primed or clear fir
- Insect screens
- Wood exterior windows are supplied with linen, bronze or sandstone screen frame at no additional charge. Screen frame color is matched to exterior finish on metal clad units
For information on sizes, drawings and options:View our TECHNICAL GUIDE
- Integrated profiled glazing leg
- Extruded aluminum cladding
- Authentic stile and rail aesthetics
- Hidden corner and sill keys
- Full and half-screen options
- Jamb jacks for improved site installation
- Removable jamb covers for serviceability
- Liberty (non-tilting) option available with removable stops
- Impact tested (Liberty option)
- Unified jamb tracks