Loewen Sealed Units offer ideal solutions for any environment. With countless glazing configurations and Low E coating options, we ensure that you can choose the perfect blend of protection and comfort – no matter where you live.
We are proud to introduce the next generation of Heat-Smart® industry leading technologies.
- Loewen standard 1/8” (3 mm) double strength glass offers greater strength and clarity over thinner glass, making our products more insulative, more soundproof, more resistant to impact and considerably more resistant to stresses caused by fluctuations in temperature
- Loewen standard sealed units contain argon gas and machine applied primary and secondary sealants reducing the chance of seal failure, improving argon gas retention, and increasing strength
Heat-Smart® Window Systems offer varying levels of thermal protection. They also protect furnishings by screening out much of the damaging ultraviolet radiation that causes fading and related damage. The charts below show the comparative performance of each Loewen Window System. Heat-Smart® is a high-performance glazing system that offers great thermal value in a variety of climate zones.
Double glazed, with one or more layers of Low E coating and one 1/2” (13 mm) air space filled with argon gas and inserted thermal spacer bar.
Triple glazed, with multiple layers of Low E coatings and two 1/2” (13 mm) air spaces filled with argon gas and inserted thermal spacer bars.
HEAT-SMART® COMPARED WITH CLEAR DOUBLE & TRIPLE PANE GLASS UNITS
This chart illustrates the resistance of heat transfer through the glass. Lower U-Value indicates greater insulating capabilities. U-Value measured at center of glass.
SOLAR HEAT GAIN*
This chart measures the ratio of solar heat gain through a glazing system compared to an unobstructed opening.
This chart measures the percentage of ultraviolet radiated wavelengths allowed to be transmitted through the glazing system.
* Ashrae calculated values Window 5.2 | 1/2″ airspace (13 mm) | Does not apply to sealed units with capillary tubes installed
Note: Information in these charts compares the center of glass performance levels of the sealed unit only when manufactured with different glazing options. They are not representative of overall window performance, which depends on many factors including grille options, such as simulated divided lites, grilles between glass, product size and configuration. This information cannot be used to calculate energy performance, to determine resistance to condensation or to develop assumptions about suitability for use or compliance with energy codes.
Low E COATING OPTIONS
We offer as many glazing configurations and Low E coatings as there are climates so our window performance can be built to provide comfort in any environment.
LoE3 – 366
- Highest level of year-round comfort for every climate
- Better insulator (low u-value) and solar heat blockage (low SHGC)
- Three layers of silver (low E cubed 366)
LoE3 – 340
ULTIMATE SOLAR CONTROL
- Greatly reduces oppressive solar heat gain & glare
- Best insulator (low u-value)
- Three layers of silver (low E cubed 340)
LoE2 – 180
PASSIVE SOLAR GAIN
- Ideal for passive solar applications
- Good insulator (low u-value) and high solar heat gain
- One layer of silver
LoE2 – 272
- Year-round, well balanced performance and comfort
- Better insulator (low u-value) and moderate solar heat blockage
- Two layers of silver (low E squared 272)
LoE – i89
- Indoor lite, surface #4 (double) or #6 (triple) reflecting more heat back into the room
- Enhanced insulation (lowers u-value)
- Iridium Tin Oxide coating
Additional options include a wide variety of novelty glass treatments. These images are a sample of the offerings that can be added to selected Loewen windows and doors. Please contact you local dealer for the full range of options and applications.