The best way to get up to speed on our products is an in-person walk-through with one of our product experts. Since that’s not always possible, we’ve produced some videos to explain operation, features, and options.
Opening from both the top and the bottom, Double Hung windows are proof that classic looks never go out of style. Loewen’s Double Hung is designed to complement the depth and character of the traditional home while delivering the progressive performance it deserves.
- Authentic design and joinery
- Our proprietary sash lock boasts an architecturally-correct design and facilitates single-handed, smooth operation
- Jamb jacks are included with every unit, adding to a smooth and seamless installation
- Triple glazed options (grand sash) for improved energy efficiency
- Concealed jamb liners for traditional aesthetics
- Dark colored weatherstripping is consistent with all other product lines
Double Hung Windows
Double / Single Hung Windows Technical Guide
- Extruded Aluminum – Painted & Anodized Finishes
- Wood – Multiple Species & Stains
- Wood – Multiple Species, Stains, & Paint Prefinishes
Honduran Mahogany – Beautiful Alternative Species
Aside from Coastal Douglas Fir, Honduran Mahogany is a great choice for any Double Hung window. This unit is a beautiful example of a Honduran Mahogany Double Hung with Matte Black hardware.
To understand all the styles available, see our Colors & Finishes page. You’ll want to look at the clad colors and wood paints & stains.
Our Double Hung windows include traditional style sash locks and sash lifts. These components are available in a variety of finishes, for a comprehensive look at these finishes please see our Window Hardware page.
A hidden feature built into our Double Hung windows is the ability to easily remove the bottom sash. For insight into this functionality please watch the Virtual Walk-Through on this page.
Double Hung / Sash Lock
Oil Rubbed Bronze
- Satin Nickel
- Oil Rubbed Bronze
- Matte Black
- Faux Bronze
- Antique Brass
- Brushed Chrome
- Polished Brass