Our True Triple Glazing executed in our Series 36 Picture/Direct Set window. You'll notice our standard black stainless steel spacer bar.
Glass performance has always been our forte. Our industry-leading performance is in part a result of our exceptional glazing and design specifications. In recent years we have partnered with like-minded innovative glass fabricators to supply technologically-advanced sealed units that get bigger by the day.
LowE is a high-performance glazing system that offers great thermal value in a variety of climate zones. They also protect furnishings by limiting much of the damaging ultraviolet radiation that causes fading and related damage. The charts on page A30 show the comparative performance of each Loewen Window System.
Double glazed, with one or more layers of LowE coating and 1/2″ (13mm) airspace filled with Argon gas and stainless steel thermal spacer bar.
- Loewen standard 1/8” (3 mm) double strength glass offers greater strength and clarity over thinner glass, making our products more insulative, more soundproof, more resistant to impact and considerably more resistant to stresses caused by fluctuations in temperature.
- Loewen standard sealed units contain Argon gas and machine applied primary and secondary sealants reducing the chance of seal failure, improving Argon gas retention, and increasing strength.
We pioneered True Triple Glazing in the 1970’s, which is a testament to our approach on innovation. For premium energy performance, we’ve made triple glazing available across our entire product line.
Triple glazed, with multiple layers of LowE coatings and two 1/2″ airspaces filled with Argon gas and stainless steel thermal spacer bars. Our LowE Triple features full 1/2″ airspaces to maximize energy efficiency unlike other window systems that use lesser performing narrower airspaces.
- Loewen standard 1/8” (3mm) double strength glass provides greater strength and clarity over thinner glass, making our products more insulative, more soundproof, more resistant to impact and considerably more resistant to stresses caused by fluctuations in temperature
- Loewen standard sealed units contain Argon gas in all airspaces and machine applied primary and secondary sealants, reducing the chance of seal failure, improving Argon gas retention and increasing strength
- Venting channel built into the sash helps dissipate should condensation or moisture occur
- Stainless steel spacer bar is less conductive than aluminum and structurally superior to silicone foam type spacers
- Sash cladding does not touch the glass which reduces the opportunity for thermal conduction
Neat® Glass is an ultra smooth surface made from silicon dioxide that harnesses UV rays to loosen dirt. Neat® Glass helps leave windows spotless with a quick rinse of water and preserves their cleanliness longer. Neat® Glass is offered with Preserve™ as standard to protect the Neat® surface.
Loewen windows and doors may also be equipped with added value solutions, such as Preserve™ protective film. Preserve™ is made from a low-density polyethylene and water-based adhesive that reduces masking and cleanup costs for painting and staining. Available for the exterior and interior window and door glass surfaces, Preserve™ is quickly and easily removed.
Specialty glazing for cleanliness, noise attenuation, and unique aesthetics.
Loewen’s heavy frames, thick glass and superior ﬁt and ﬁnish result in above-average sound attenuation.
Tranquility® Glazing Systems Greatly Reduce Sound Transmission
- Tranquility® Glazing Systems consist of a 1/4” (6 mm) glass on the exterior, a 13/16” (21 mm) Argon filled space, and a 9/32” (7 mm) laminate pane of glass on the interior.
- Operating casement units test out at STC40 (no storm panel is required to achieve this rating).
- Laminated glass used in the sealed unit provides increased security and helps to ﬁlter out damaging ultraviolet rays.
Tranquility® Sound Transmission Class (STC)
Using a single number, the STC rating identiﬁes the sound transmission reduction of a glazing unit over a range of frequencies.
Additional options include a wide variety of novelty glass treatments. The examples below are just a small portion of the offerings that can be added to selected Loewen windows and doors. Please contact your local dealer for the full range of options and applications.
Single Glue Chip