The best way to get up to speed on our products is an in-person walk-through with one of our product experts. Since that’s not always possible, we’ve produced some videos to explain operation, features, and options.
No other hinged door can capture a view as impressive as a Loewen Terrace door, thanks to our expansive glass areas and sturdy all-wood construction. To top it off, our design flexibility allows our customers to choose from a multitude of options, from single Terrace doors to double French doors, both of which are available in wide or narrow stile and in-swing or out-swing versions. Tell us what you need and we will provide you with a custom door that will fit your unique needs.
- Elegant European-style multipoint lock system with standard stainless steel components for corrosion resistance
- Our standard stile and rail construction is a thick skin of vertical grain Coastal Douglas Fir over an engineered Coastal Douglas Fir core
- Our proprietary aluminum storm and screen doors are available in our matching AAMA 2605 finishes; these carefully engineered products ensure maximum protection during storms
- Standard 1¾” thick panels with the option to move up to the more robust 2¼” thick panels
- 1 3/4″ Panel or 2 1/4″ Panel
- Outswing or Inswing
- Narrow Rails/Stiles or Wide Rails/Stiles
- Metal Clad or Non-Clad
- Dual Glazed or Triple Glazed
- Standard Frame or Contemporary Frame
- 116 Jamb or 166 Jamb
Our Terrace door exteriors can be metal-clad (extruded aluminum), non-clad (all wood), or you can choose a Terrace door from our Cyprium Collection (our Cyprium products are unique in more ways than just the Copper and Bronze cladding, see the Cyprium Collection page for details). To understand all the exterior styles available, hop over to our Colors & Finishes page. You’ll want to look at the clad colors, wood paints & stains, and our Cyprium patinas.
The interior of our Terrace doors will be a beautiful and high-performing wood species. Our standard of course is Coastal Douglas Fir, but alternative species like Honduran Mahogany are also available. You can leave the interior with a simple clear coat, stain it, or paint it. To see our limited pre-finishing options, see our Colors & Finishes page.
There’s quite a bit of hardware associated with our Terrace and French doors, especially when our swing screens come into play. Probably the best way to get a grasp of all the necessary hardware would be watching the Vitrual Walk-Through on this page. The video will touch on the Rhino locks, screen door handles and self-closers, passive French door shoot bolts, etc.
Most importantly though, you’ll want to understand all the available handles and finishes. For a comprehensive look at all these offerings, please see our Door Hardware page.
Our 2 1/4" Terrace doors look and feel more luxurious than any other Terrace door out there. These thick panels accommodate True Triple Glazing with ease and the hardware offers new levels of strength and durability.