TIMBER CURTAIN WALL
Loewen is known as the leader and innovator in contemporary fenestration products and we’re pleased to introduce a new pinnacle – the Loewen Timber Curtain Wall system. This new product offering embodies the spirit of contemporary architecture with capabilities to provide expansive glass assemblies, minimal profiles, increased viewing area, and cleaner sightlines – all without sacrificing performance.
Loewen has partnered with RAICO Bautechnik GmbH out of Germany to manufacture and distribute a timber curtain wall system specifically for the premium residential and light commercial markets. Our timber frame curtain wall combines the interior warmth of wood with steadfast performance and beautiful expansive views.
- 2” (50 mm) wide Curtain Wall System
- Thermally broken, engineered system with all-wood interior
- Configurations include vertical walls, rakeheads, corners
and integrated operable units (Casements, Awnings, Terrace and
French Doors, and Sliding Doors)
- Standard timber species is laminated Douglas Fir with options to
use vertical grain Douglas Fir or Honduran Mahogany
- Monolithic, dual, and triple-glazed options in a variety of
Low-E coatings that align with other Loewen products
- Exterior covers in extruded aluminum (AAMA 611 anodized or
AAMA 2605 painted finish), Douglas Fir, or Honduran Mahogany
- Integrated timber connectors with 6061 T6 aluminum
- Multi-level, continuous EPDM gasket with integrated drainage
- Factory prepped and configured mullion system for optimal
quality and installation
Custom units are created for every project from your architectural specifications. We provide detailed shop drawings
of the structural system to ensure your requirements are met.
Once approved, our expert fabricators begin to craft the structure, taking the utmost care in providing this premium product.
All units are factory prepped, with base plates and gaskets. Units are predrilled, marked and labeled before disassembly, to ensure accurate and easy field assembly and glazing.